Saturday, April 7, 2007

Thrash Flavored Thrash


http://www.jerkcity.com/jerkcity516.html


I am *supposed* to write on something insanely positive on this post, but judging from the cranky weather, back stabbing individuals, bad cramps and a belligerent mood to go along with it…

I guess I could still be positive if I want to.

I took a hike along with Butty boy and his colleagues to J.B last Saturday. Woke up, remembered him mentioning J.B and mum came up to me, said her medication is running out and none of the shops there carry the product save a few. I decided to be a good daughter and took a trip down JB to find the medication. Glivec has been good for Mum; the last check up revealed no exponential growth in the deformed blood cells, but one of the (many) side effects have left her with a rather sensitive skin. Pull up her skirt and you can see blue black marks on her delicate thighs. Breaks my heart every time seeing them.

The mixture of traditional and western medication recommended by the doctor is helping to combat the bruises on her skin and well, make 'em look brand new.

Walked around the malls there, got myself a cheap lovely haircut (I have bangs now and apparently look positively younger. Hyuks!) and kept bugging shop owners for any interest to bring in the medicine. Got a number to call, left feeling slightly relieved and we proceeded to have a meal at the treetop restaurant there but not before getting pulled over by the local police, who obviously were looking for more trouble (and bribery money) with Singaporean owners and their cars. Apparently we were not supposed to turn right at the intersection.


Butty Boy: I’m sorry sir, I didn’t know.


Police Officer: You should’ve looked at the sign.


Butty Boy: There was no sign (Or even if that is, maybe your government should take steps into refreshing your many fading/dilapidating signs on the boards instead of using them to buy your way into your many future wives)


So on and on they went. And Butty Boy who was nervous couldn’t get the hint about them wanting to fine him. He went along with it and innocently asked for the address so he could pay the fine proper. In the end, exasperated that they couldn’t bribe our not so innocent Butty Boy, they warned him not to do it again. It was probably not worth it, we look too young and poor. Boohoo.

I guess you hear this countless times. Coffee money, corruption and the likes of it. I’m not even going to waste my time lamenting about the state of our neighbor because even my country is guilty of it – albeit in a pretty slick manner and sliming with political correct-ness.

I can go on. But I wouldn’t want to get myself into trouble. I have a mum to look after and isn’t filial piety one of the foremost Asian virtues propogated espoused by our founding father? I mean, we could use your increased pension money for the elderly in our community, but no, that means we’ll be just like the West who disregard their parents and have no proper Asian manners so I say screw welfare for the elderly, because hey we have filial piety! Just holler the term to our press, write a chapter about it and we have extra millions rolling in the banks for us.


Sigh. Can I holler NEPOTISM and get my money back please?



Disclaimer: This is not targeted towards any particular groups in general. The author had one too many scoops of sambal belachan, went into an epileptic fit and was met with a dystopian vision of a system which sucks ass. Really. The system I mean.

No comments: