Sunday, April 15, 2007

Double Trouble

I am supposed to be working. But cum weekends, I just fall flat. I just can't get to work. Other than raving about god-knows-what, reading, blogging, going out waving light sticks and gyrating on the dance pole in body packed clubs and basically not having a life, I spent the weekend watching these on cable:

The Family Stone (typical dysfunctional family cum christmas romance. blah)


Jarhead (jihad is the way of all Arab people. typical anti-war thrown in with the psychological garb you'd expect from a war movie. doubt it'll be as great as full metal jacket. excellent soundtrack. and lovingly captured shots of jake gyllenhaal)


that's Peter Saarsgard in the background. remember that lovable music geek in High Fidelity? no?

nvm..


A lot like Love (they butchered the Aqualung song in this one. and when you slaughter Aqualung, you destroy the climax of the film. ultimately you slaughter the film. well you get what I mean. go get the dvd.)


Batman Begins (best Batman film. e.v.a)


Collateral (it's alright. my fourth jamie foxx film for this year)


12 Monkeys (missed the first 45 mins of it and dropped out of the show after 30 mins)


Monster in Law (blah. typical blah. can die blah. I can lip sync the script, because I am well versed in Mills and Boon thrash. Get what I mean?)


The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (third time. once you start you can't stop. both the book and the film. i heart douglas adams.)

and:


how can anyone not heart this? chocolates are sooo in vogue. i'll stop. i shall stop. stop!