Sunday, June 10, 2007

Winds of Change

Eventful was an understatement for May. There were dinners, brunch and drinks followed by me glowing and grinning like an overjoyed brat opening her presents at Christmas. Only brats don’t know the meaning of joy. Only it wasn’t Christmas.

How I wish birthdays come every month.

And there was that interview, the nerves that came along with it and the stories I had to come up with to sneak off for that.

There was the resignation and a bundle of lies that came when the boss kept asking too many questions and refused to let me go permanently.

And there was that new job. I had to cancel my UK trip for that(there were other reasons, but let's just leave it at that or I can very well make my own soap opera), but it was a good move and I can’t imagine myself letting it go. I can go on and on about it but I am only a week old; it can be too early to say so I sure hope everything turns out well. I just have to keep bringing the money in. *fingers crossed*

In between that, there were karaoke sessions, barbeque, that Midsummer Night’s dream picnic, clubbing, pubbing, joy-riding, flying. Well, the flying came a little belated after several postponements. Finally, after a beautiful Sunday afternoon, Miss Darcy and beau took me out to the Seletar air base for the 45 minutes flight of fancy. Abang D took us on a 30 degree dive, several touch and go landings and we were gallivanting above Macritchie, Upper Pierce and the whole of Portsdown before I felt sick and claustrophobic 30 minutes later. If only they’d allowed me to invite one other person to sit in the back with; the conditions would have been perfect to join the exclusive mile high club. Think about it. No annoying stewardesses strolling up and down the lane, toilet patrons hogging the cubicles – well, you get what I mean.

Uhm, I better clean up my wadrobe and catch up on my reading. I just keep buying and getting them, with little time to start on. Oh yes, and iron my clothes for work and the hot date after.

To the wonderful company, thank you for everything. It’s been a fabulous month. :)

No comments: